Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together
This weeks topic is ten things that make me pick up a book. I’m honestly not sure if I have 10 things, but we will see how far I get.
1. Either Meltotheany or Bookswithemilyfox mentions them in their wrap ups and enjoyed them. They are my two favorite reviewers and I highly recommend checking them out.
2. The cover is gorgeous. I have picked up so many just because of the cover. Some examples of covers that jumped out at me.
3. It is available from book of the month. These past few months have been tight money wise because we are trying to save up for my husband to go back to school so we are not spending as much money on hobbies as what we use to. Therefore my only physical books i get come from trading or Book of the month. I love the subscription service and usually pick up 2-3 books a month from them. It is my only subscription service as we have cancelled the rest.
Photo Courtesy of @bookofthemonth Instagram
4. One of my co-bloggers recommends it to me. My co-bloggers are some of the most amazing people i have come to know in this community and they have amazing tastes in books. Anything they recommend i will give a try and read.
5. Hype unfortunately gets us all. I’m just as guilty for picking up a book because of hype, but I’ve also found quite a few favorites from the hype train as well.
These are my ownly reasons for picking up a book. I made it to five, further than i thought I’d get.
What are your reasons for picking up a book?